Imagine...

My husband and I just returned from a week in the Adirondacks at Camp of the Woods in Speculator, NY. We had a great time with other family members (my sister's family and our daughter, Heather's family) sitting on the beach, playing in the water, sailing, making crafts, listening to special speaker, John Guest, and a presentation by author Eric Metaxas, as well as some great concerts.

Imagine my pleasure when I started opening the mail which had accumulated while we were gone and found this card from Melissa Shipman! Melissa is not my immediate upline (Aly Schilling is), but Aly's upline. This card was to congratulate me on the sales I made during the month of July. Amazing that I actually made the next level's group of top achievers.


To make this card, Melissa used Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Real Red card stock along with a strip of Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper. "Imagine the Possibilities" is from the Word Play stamp set (W120308, $41.95, or C120651, $28.95) and stamped with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. I believe she used the new Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die, which will be available from the Holiday Mini Catalog September 1, 2010.

The flower appears to be made from layers of punched out card stock: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large punch for Daffodil Delight (118874, $16.95); 1-3/4" Circle Extra-Large punch for Real Red (119850, $16.95); 1-3/8 Circle Large punch for Pumpkin Pie (119860, $15.95); and 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Large Punch for the two Pear Pizzazz leaves (119855, $15.95). The pieces were crumpled and then flattened out to give them texture and the ovals were scored down the length for the leaf effect. A Chocolate Chip flower brad (119730, $8.95 for 48 neutral flower brads) finishes it off.

I love it! Thank you, Melissa. And to think I didn't like Greenhouse Gala designer series paper at first...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils