Emergent Color

Here is a fun card we made at today's brayer class.


The ladies were so surprised at the way this card was made. They couldn't believe I could cut out the flowers so perfectly and decided there must be a punch. But they were excited when they learned how I actually accomplished those cute little flowers.

Although "A Beautiful Thing" stamp set is retired, you can use this same technique with any solid or semi-solid stamp set, such as Petal Pizzazz (page 102 in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog).

The first step is to cover a piece of Whisper White card stock with lots of small, pastel images. I used Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Bashful Blue. Then stamp the solid image with Versa Mark, heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Finally, use your brayer to cover the whole piece with a dark color, such as the Always Artichoke used here. I inserted soft subtle brads to finish off the flowers after attaching to the So Saffron card stock. With the verse stamped in Always Artichok at the bottom, I then embellished that segment of my card with Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (109067, $6.95, 10 yards). Finally, I adhered all that to Always Artichoke before mounting on the Pretty in Pink card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils