Simple Elegance

Oh, how I've fallen in love again with those retiring colors! I've had so much fun playing with card designs using the colors I'll never have access to again. Just one and a half months left to use the Brocade Blue in this card.



Once again, I've made a large card for many people to sign, folding a full sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" Brocade Blue card stock in half. Using the Scallop Edge punch (112091, $15.95) on the Whisper White card stock, made the coordinating designer paper (Patterns Pack II) stand out.

The bird and motif are part of the Elements of Style stamp set found in the Summer Mini Catalog. I've started ordering my stamps in the clear mount version. An advantage is that I could put both the motif and the bird on one clear block, arranging them exactly as I wanted them before stamping. I used markers to get the different colors on the motif but used the ink pad on the bird. Once again, the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set provided the greeting.

I used the ticket corner punch (107214, $6.95) to punch the corners of the Whisper White card stock with its stamped images, then adhered that to another piece of Brocade Blue card stock. The brads in the corners are from the Rich Regals set (106953, $8.95). White Satin Ribbon (114616, $8.95, 15 yards) finished it off.

To order any of the items used in this card, just go to my demonstrator web site (column at right) and click on shop now. Or click on the catalog and place your order.

Order information on the two stamp sets used on this card follows:

Elements of Style: Wood Mount, 118611, $27.95; Clear Mount, 120045, $19.95
Teeny Tiny Wishes: Only available in wood mount: 115370, $36.95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils