Scrappin' Special Times

I don't take the time to photograph many scrapbook pages, but I was really pleased with this 2-page spread created for my "Wow Board" for our team's recent stamping retreat. I used the spectacular Groom's Specialty Paper (116478, 13.95) on the outsides, edged them with scalloped Real Red card stock and tied with Whisper White satin ribbon. Too bad you can't see the textured design and sheen of the specialty paper in this picture. I even cut the letters from the Groom's paper using the Stampin' Up! Simple Letters die (115960, $89.95) for the Big Shot die cut machine (113439, $99.95).

The bird and the flowers spread across the pages are from the hostess stamp set, Wings of Friendship. I used the poppin' pastels technique to bring out the colors of the image on Basic Black card stock: Stamp the design with Whisper White craft ink (101731, $7.50) and then apply pastel chalks (Stampin' Pastels, 105542, $24.95) with the provided applicators or cotton swabs. Here is a close-up of the bird:


I love this stamp set! If you love it as much as I do, be sure to contact me so you can schedule a workshop. Since it is a Level 2 hostess set, you have to have sales netting $300 or more. Of course, you could place a personal order for that much and still qualify for the hostess benefits, which include $35 of free products--your choice! But hurry, because the stamp set disappears when the new catalog comes out July 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils