Elegant Bouquet Impressions

Valentine's Day is just over a month away, so I'm going to be sharing more Valentine ideas with you over the next week or two.

For this card, I inserted a piece of Melon Mambo card stock in the Stampin' Up! Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and ran my Whisper White craft ink pad over the raised impressions to make the flowers stand out. With the coordinating Melon Mambo classic ink, I stamped the heart image from "Love You Much" stamp set on Whisper White card stock and cut it out with my paper snips before mounting on the colored card stock. I punched the greeting ("Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set) with my Word Window punch. I then mounted the whole thing on Whisper White card stock.

But I never considered inverting the textured impressions as did Debbie Rought, another demonstrator in my Heartfelt Stampers team. Her card below is so simple and so elegant. Only the greeting is stamped. The hearts are punched from Real Red and Whisper White card stock (Full Heart punch and the little heart from Heart to Heart punch). Her use of a Real Red stampin' write marker for the flower centers, the rhinestone brad (Circle Fire set) and the Real Red grosgrain ribbon made the card pop with drama.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Quilt Cards

You Mean Everything to Me

Easter Daffodils