Joyful Giving!


Thursday night was our Stampin' Up demonstrator team Christmas party, including a gift exchange. This is what I made.

My gift was actually an experiment that worked. I bought a small plate at TJ Max, stamped snowflakes from the Serene Snowflakes stamp set (Holiday Mini Catalog expiring January 5) with Bordering Blue Craft Ink. I then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the ink and set the plate in the oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. I wasn't sure if the plate would survive the oven or not, which is why I kept the temperature down, but it did take a while for the embossing powder the melt. After the plate cooled, I applied JOY from the Holiday Mix Decor Elements, also in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I included a plate stand with a red ribbon, but thought the dish could be used for candy, too, although not dishwasher safe.

I have another set of Holiday Mix Decor Elements in Chocolate Chip to use, so I'll be looking for more ideas in the next few weeks. I'm finding those elements are a lot of fun to work with. They're popping up all over my walls, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils