Soft Summer

The "occasions mini catalog" has so many great stamp sets and products that I found it difficult not to spend all my money buying everything in it! On an earlier post, I featured the "Wagon Full of Fun" stamp set. This time I'm featuring the "Soft Summer" set. This is one of those two-step stamp sets providing both the outline and "colored-in" images, which make the designs pop. Of course, you could always stamp just the outline and then use your aqua painter or blender pens, but this is much easier and gives the same effect as water colors. The words are part of this set, too.

For the first card, I used pretty in pink, rose red, certainly celery and always artichoke markers to color directly on the stamps. I've had the spiral punch for some time but just haven't used it. For some reason I thought I needed to use it with words only, but I've seen more and more samples using it along the edges of cardstock for special effect. That's what I did here and I really like the result.



I used very vanilla, perfect plum and pale plum card stock to make this card. If you look closely, you will see that I added texture to the pale plum card stock with one of the texturz plates for the Big Shot. Torn card stock also adds texture. Finishing touches include the scalloped edge, organdy ribbon and a pale plum button secured with our linen thread.



The items in this catalog are only available through June 30th, so be sure to contact me soon if you want something contained in it. You can shop by using the link to my demonstrator web site or by e-mailing me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils