More Dazzling Window Sheet Cards

My grandson, Christian Ferry, turned 11 years old this week and I just had to make a very special card for him. Since it had to be fitting for a boy, I chose the bear image from "Under the Stars", stamping it in Staz-on black ink on a piece of window sheet. After allowing it to dry, I covered the backside with Crystal Effects and squirted on some Brocade Blue, Mellow Moss and Barely Banana ink. After the ink bled into the Crystal Effects, I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter across the wet surface and then pressed the wrinkled tissue paper against all that. I laid it face down on a styrofoam cup to dry overnight before completing the card. I even used the Big Shot and Texturz plates on the Chocolate Chip background paper. I think Christian was suitably impressed.

As long as I was making a "mess" with Crystal Effects, I decided to employ the same technique in another design. I used the Pretty Petals background stamp on the window sheet this time. Although the inks were Regal Rose, Mellow Moss and Barely Banana, I found their hues were altered enough that I chose Always Artichoke and Real Red card stock with my Barely Banana card stock. With the Sweetest Stem embosslit and the Big Shot, I decorated one corner, adding a flower (dyed with a couple drops of Barely Banana ink) and flat pearl from the Pretties Kit. My only problem is that I'm not sure I want to part with this card!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils