In my previous post, I wrote how anxious I was to try different mediums for the Music Expressions stamp set. Now it's time to share the results with you.
This first one was stamped with chocolate chip ink and colored with pastels. I even colored the flowers from the Pretties Kit with the pastels, using rose red for the big petals and so saffron for the inner flower. Then I put them together with the rhinestone brad included in the kit. This is the first time I've used anything from the Pretties Kit, but I'm sure I'll be using more items from the kit in the future.
For the next card, I used water color paper, stamping the image with Staz-On black ink. I then used my aqua painter to water color parts of the images. I stamped the quote on a scrap of water color paper, but it came out crooked. So, true to my belief that there is always a way to use even a mistake, I cut around the words and and mounted that piece on brocade blue card stock punched with the wide oval punch. I actually like the effect better than what I first had in mind, so sometimes a mistake is a blessing in disguise! The yellow ribbon is so bright that I seldom use it, but this was a good place to use a small piece of it, threading it between the two jumbo eyelets. This ribbon has been retired from SU's catalog for quite some time. Maybe others had trouble using it, too! The violin is really rust, the flowers are ruby red and summer sun. I first used old olive on the leaves but I didn't like the effect. So I painted garden green over the old olive, which accounts for the shading you see. Once again, a "mistake" that worked to my benefit.