Wall Decor

Ever since I bought the Laura Ashley comforter with blue roses, I've been planning to stamp some pictures for the wall above our bed. The room has what my daughter calls a country cottage look, blue with white trim and white eyelet curtains and dark oak furnishings. As always, all my supplies were Stampin' Up (except the frames). I used the stamp set, "A Rose is a Rose" and the following inks: brocade blue, bordering blue, certainly celery, mellow moss, creamy caramel and close to cocoa. I also used stickers and designer paper from the "Love Stories" scrappin' kit. (Sorry about the reflected flash on the larger picture).




When I hung them on the wall, I put the 5 x 7 prints on each side of the 8 x 10. I had hoped to include a photo of my artwork hanging on the wall, but I couldn't seem to take a good picture. My husband said it had something to do with the blue walls absorbing all the light. So you'll just have to imagine it. My walls are reasonably close to the brocade blue bordering my designs.

There are so many possibilities with Stampin' Up's products. Next step is to figure out where to apply those decor elements!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils