Quilted Christmas Card

I tried to design a fairly easy card for my stamp class using the Quilt Builder Framelits Dies that coordinate with the Christmas Quilt stamp set. Using a 3" wide piece of Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper in the middle of my card enabled me to turn the quilt square on its point and have the gingham show through. Because the gingham design occurs in both Real Red and Garden Green in the paper stack, some attendees made red with green cards while others made green with red, as seen in my sample below. I precut the quilt square and saved the small pieces that we then added to the quilt to make the "star" stand out.  When everything was attached to the card front, we ran it through the Big Shot using the Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Everyone was amazed what a difference that finishing touch made. Unless your Big Shot is loose, you need to be careful not to fold the card around the folder; line up the score line with the edge of the folder before running through the Big Shot.

Note: To cut out the square, you need to use both the designed framelit and the plain square. I put both framelits on my card stock at once and then ran them through the Big Shot for cutting.


[Sorry; it looks like I placed this card in my scanner rather crookedly, but you get the idea.]

Products Used:
Christmas Quilt photopolymer stamp set (16), 144793, $21.00
Quilt Builder Framelits Dies (15), 144673, $30.00
     [Bundle and save: 146026, $45.75]
Garden Green 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 10254, $8.00
Real Red -1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 102482, $8.00
Whisper White -1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.00
Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (48), 144617, $9.00
Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 144687, $8.50
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, 143263, $110.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils