Christmas Tree

As I was preparing for the holiday bazaar, I was also trying to use up all those little pieces of card stock and dsp laying around my stamp room, some from kits I had cut for previous classes. This card was made from one of those kits and uses retired products. I loved this embossing folder from a couple years ago. Looking closely at it, I decided a Christmas tree would fit perfectly and used the tree from the Foxy Friends stamp set. I also have the retired Perfect Pines Framelits which fit the trees in the Foxy Friends stamp set. But when I stacked the pieces together, I realized the card needed something else to make it special. The Gold Metallic Thread was the perfect answer. I merely added a strip of Fast fuse in the center of the oval embossing and pressed my gold thread on that. Then I put a strip of dimensionals taken from the edges over the fast fuse and added the tree. The gold star was punched from our Gold Glimmer paper with a retired mini star punch. Amazing how much something as simple as metallic thread can add to the overall look of a card.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils