And Still More

I truly love the Painted Harvest stamp set and making my own designer paper was so much fun. I have to admit that the second time I stamped a full sheet of sunflowers, acorns and leaves, I placed the flowers closer together. I stamped the flowers first and then added the leaves, acorns and dots. But the cards I am sharing are the ones I made as samples before my class, "Eight Cards in a Flash".

I thought it would be fun to have a sunflower peeking out from behind the designed layers. Add a ribbon and a greeting and I have a great Thanksgiving card.





For this card, I used the sunflower as the focal point.




I had a somewhat crumpled half doily laying around, so I scraped some Crushed Curry ink across its surface to use on my card. My original intention was to stamp the words in Tranquil Tide in the bottom right corner, although stamping the words all over was not part of that original plan, hence the blank space. But somehow I picked up one of the dimensional papers on my stamp and ruined the phrase at the top. But, as we stampers often say, every mistake is a creative opportunity. The banner with punched out leaves was my creative solution in this case. I would have placed it lower on the card if I had not had to cover up my blooper.

Products Used:
Painted Harvest photopolymer stamp set (13), 144783, $21.00
Basket of Wishes photopolymer stamp set (11), 142200, $17.00
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.00
Tranquil Tide 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 144246, $8.00
Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin' Pad, 144085, $6.50
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad, 131173, $6.50
Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' Pad, 126966, $6.50
Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad, 126978, $6.50
Tranquil Tide 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon (10 yards), 144136, $7.00

Leaf Punch, 144667, $16.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils