Sheltering Tree Times Three

As I wrote last night, our Adult Bible Fellowship emcee decided to retire, but she wasn't the only one to retire. Our long-time teacher and class coordinator also decided to retire this year. That meant another large card to be passed around and signed by class members.

So for Henry I needed something more masculine, although my father would have appreciated flowers and so would my brother but my husband doesn't think they are appropriate. Anyway, I chose to use the Sheltering Tree stamp set and some leftover designer paper from the English Garden pack. Actually, I liked that paper so much that I have another unopened pack just waiting to be used. Because of the colors used in that paper, I chose Mossy Meadow and Old Olive for the greens. Soft Suede was perfect for the tree trunks. Because of the size of the card, I stamped three trees and then added a sun with my sponge dauber and some Crushed Curry ink. That wasn't in my original plan, but the upper corner needed something else and the sun is the perfect solution.

(Note: I really should have used the Whisper White Thick card stock for the card base)

Products Used:
Sheltering Tree photopolymer stamp set (14), 137163, $25.00
Basket of Wishes photopolymer stamp set (11), 142200, $17.00
English Garden 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper, discontinued
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.00
Soft Suede 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 115318, $8.00
Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad, 126978, $6.50
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad, 126953, $6.50
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad, 131173, $6.50
Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad, discontinued In Color
Sponge Daubers (5), 133773, $5.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils