Hey, Chick! No Lines!

Erica Cerwin called this technique "No Line" watercoloring. We stamped the image in the same color ink as the watercolor pencil we used, Daffodil Delight in this case. Although we used the Aqua Painter for the body, I used the Blender Pen for the details around the chicken's face. What a fun card. You'll see the burlap ribbon and Pumpkin Pie dsp. What I did differently from her instructions was the strip on the left side of the card: I had a scrap of watercolor paper that I colored all over with the Pumpkin Pie watercolor pencil and then blended with the Aqua Painter. After it dried, I added texture with a stamp from the Touches of Texture stamp set. Erica reinforced the adhesive for the Burlap Ribbon with Stampin' Up!'s stapler, but I'm hoping the Fast Fuse holds it forever! Actually, I don't own the stapler but I'm thinking it might be a wise purchase for the future.

The "dirt" beneath the chicken is freehand with the Early Espresso watercolor pencil. To acquire the shading on this chick, I used my heat gun to dry the painting after the first coat and then added more color where I wanted it. Around the wing, I also added a little Pumpkin Pie pencil and blended it in.

The strip of Peekaboo Peach beneath the ribbon is dry embossed with the new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Occasions Catalog, 143231, $9.00).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils