I love the effect of the alcohol technique I just played around with for this card. A perfect design for men! Here's how you do it:

Just color a clean acrylic block with Stampin' Write Markers, spritz with rubbing alcohol and stamp on piece of Whisper White cardstock. I used three colors (Old Olive, Delightful Dijon and Bermuda Bay). Be sure you hold the Stampin' Spritzer at least 12 inches away from the block so you have a very fine mist. The alcohol dries quickly so you can stamp over the mottled ink. I used Early Espresso here, but I think the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad would be more vivid.

Admittedly, the stamp set I used is from the expired Occasions catalog, but we have two alternate stamp sets that would work just as well in this design: Wetlands (page 116) and The Wilderness Awaits (page 86). The button is from the Artisan Embellishments Kit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils