Google+ Followers

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Falling Leaves with Work of Art Stamp Set

Although figuring out how to make the falling leaves in this card was a challenge, the end result is a very simple yet elegant card. My class attendees loved making it because it went together so quickly and easily.






I actually went out to our maple tree and plucked a leaf to study the colors before working on these leaves. I began with Always Artichoke ink and then added the Cajun Craze to the left. Each time I stamped, I tried to overlap at the top center. I finished them with Cherry Cobbler. The stamping (except for one forgotten Cherry Cobbler application) of the leaves is all second generation (ink rubber, stamp on scrap paper and then stamp again on your card piece). I finished them off with "brush strokes" for stems and veins using my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker. The words are stamped with Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke. The finishing touch was done with three candy dots, one in each of the main colors.

Products Used:
Work of Art stamp set (11), W 134111, $29.95; C 134114, $21.95
Very Vanilla 8½" x 11" card stock (40), 101650, $8.50
Cajun Craze 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 119684, $6.95
Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker, 119681, $3.50
Regals Candy Dots (100), 130932, $5.95

No comments: