Triple Layers

One of the techniques we are learning at my stamp class tonight is shown on the cards below. The Night of Navy layers is my first attempt at the technique and I decided I really like it, although the newly designed ink pads are juicier and work better. Since the class features new products, I couldn't use old colors and old stamps (well, I could have, but it would not have been appropriate).

So, instead of using Day of Gratitude stamp set, I chose the largest flower from the Everything Eleanor stamp set and Primrose Petals, one of the new in colors. I wish I had ordered the coordinating ribbon, but the Whisper White satin ribbon (discontinued) works just fine.

I learned this technique from Dawn Olchefske's blog and thank her for the training video. We merely line up the three pieces of neutral card stock (in this case, Whisper White), using a little temporary adhesive between layers. She suggested using the snail adhesive and rubbing it slightly so it wouldn't be quite so sticky. It worked! The layers peeled apart quite easily when I finished stamping so I could insert mats.

Anyway, we then stamp the image across all three layers. Yes, there's an edge of the layer below that never gets covered by the ink; hence the matting. The base card serves as the bottom mat, and each unit is decreased by one inch: 4¼" x 5½" base with 4" x 5¼" Whisper White; 3¼" x 4½" mat with 3" x 4¼" Whisper White; 2¼" x 3½ mat with 2" x 3¼" Whisper White.

Products Used:
Day of Gratitude stamp set (7), W120835, $26.95; C 121148, $18.95
Everything Eleanor stamp set (8), W 124162, $36.95' C 124164, $26.95
Whisper White 8½" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $8.50
Night of Navy 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 100867, $6.95
Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad, 126970, $5.95
Primrose Petals 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 126841, $6.95
Primrose Petals Classic Stampin' Pad, 126858, $5.95
Night of Navy 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, discontinued
Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon, discontinued
Pearl Basic Jewels (150, 3 sizes), 119247, $4.95

Comments

Kazza said…
love this technique I will have to try it out
I am now following you from SC and I would love you to follow me too. www.kazzasworld.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils